DALLAS RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK: Dot’s Hop House & Cocktail Courtyard
Dallas has been experiencing some pretty bad weather lately, but it seems like every couple days, the clouds will clear and the weather would become absolutely beautiful! Clear blue skies, not a cloud in the sky, and gorgeous temperatures at 70s. What does that mean to me and my friends? PATIO WEATHER.
Dot’s is one of those places in Dallas that provides a large, beautiful patio that is (best part) dog-friendly! I always call it the Chandelier Bar just because in the center of the outdoor area there is a large gorgeous chandelier on display (and they have a drink named after it)! Yeah, my co-residents and I took many photos underneath it. No shame yall!
Fun fact: This place still has Model T headlights as the pendant lights as an ode to an old Ford plant that used to be in Deep Ellum.
What to Order:
- Duck fat cheese fries – fries cooked in duct fat and smothered in cheddar, queso blanco, bacon, and jalapenos
- Cucumber Margarita
- Soups, salads
- Burgers, sandwich
- Shrimp n grits, cheesesteaks
- Late night snacks (11PM-1AM)
- Late night food
- Large patio with several tables
- In Deep Ellum – so close walking distance to other restaurants and bars
Parking: Street parking or paid parking lot
Go out and soak up the sun!
Dot’s Hop House & Cocktail Courtyard
2645 Commerce St.
Dallas, TX 75226