What this blog is all about
I know what everyone is thinking. Another travel blogger. Another food blogger. I know. I know. But I’m hoping to re-invent the wheel here in the way I am writing about these topics. How? Well, read on!
First of all, I view this blog’s theme as your Daily Cup of Happiness. I’m choosing to focus on the four things in my life that make up my pie of happiness. Focusing on these slices have gotten me through the best and worst of times.
The four pieces: Little Things. Travel. Food. Medicine.
My hope is that my readers will walk away from my ramblings with another way to view life, another reason to travel, appreciation of the little things, or just with a little hope or light in a world that can be quite cruel.
A little bit more on the four pieces:
Can be found under the tab: Destinations.
- Detailed itineraries
- Suggestions on where to eat
- Set the Scene – my imagery feature is my way of immersing my readers into that specific destination. My hope is that you will feel like you are actually there if you close your eyes
- Wander Wednesday – I think there are four main emotions you experience when traveling; one more than others in different parts of the world. Awe. Curiosity. Serenity. Adventure. This is a blog series if are need of being inspired or feeling a certain emotion. Each blog will place a location with an emotion theme and delve into why that particular feeling. These pieces are supposed to be short, sweet, and have the ability to transform you to another area in the world.
- Travel Bloopers – We all know that when we travel, we run into obstacles and challenges. They can be funny, serious, little, or big, but regardless, most of the times, we look back on them with fondness and walk away having learned a little bit something. Travel online can look so glamorous and this feature is my way of bringing the reality of travel back into destination writing.
Can be found under the tab: Dining Guides
- Dining Guides – complete guides on where to eat in Dallas, TX and San Antonio, TX
- Just because these are the places I have lived
- Food Reviews – short and sweet with a focus on the important details such as what to order, happy hour times, and parking
- The lessons I’ve learned
- The stories that touch my heart
- How to balance life and medicine
- The things in life that make our days better without us consciously recognizing it. Ex: Stepping into an air-conditioned room after being in the heat. You can check out this master list on the tabs above!
Thank you for reading!
I’m currently an OB/GYN resident searching for the little things day to day and learning from my family, friends, teachers, and patients. I also spend a good deal of my time outside medicine on travel and food. Besides blogging, I write a lot of poetry and fiction that as of now, mostly remains hidden from public view. I’m a bookworm at heart, and when I have time to spare, I bake and attempt home decor DIY projects.
My aspirations include becoming the most compassionate OB/GYN I can be, being involved in global health, initiating new public health projects to close health and educational gaps in the community, publish a book (or more!), travel the world, and be the best daughter, sister, and friend I can be.
Fun fact: The name Rattana is my Cambodian name and this blog is dedicated to my parents who have always encouraged me to write ever since I was a little girl.
You can also follow my travel and food adventures via photography at my Instagram and Facebook page:
Do you have a question? Want to have a discussion about anything I post? Have a recommendation on where to go? Want to partner up? Go ahead and e-mail me at: