Inspired by another little things blog I ran across many years ago!
What is a little thing?
It’s basically things or moments or feelings that happen throughout your day that makes your day better, but you may not consciously recognize it. Example: Stepping into an air-conditioned room after being outside on a hot day.
My goal for sharing this?
I started The Little Things e-mail list to my family, friends, and colleagues around eight or nine years ago. It’s a habit in my life I love doing because it allows me to walk through life with a new perspective and it grounds me to reality during hard times. My hope is that after you read this list, you will walk away feeling inspired or feeling more uplifted!
Little Things blog posts will be updated weekly on Sunday! Subscribe for updates!
- Coming home after being away for a while
- The fresh feeling after washing your face
- Getting in line just before it gets long
- Being in the car while it is going through the car wash
- Finding out that you’re having your favorite meal for dinner
- Accomplishing something people thought you couldn’t
- The look of vacuumed carpet
- When someone wants to take a picture with you
- When everybody’s in a good mood
- Immature moments with your friends
- When your scissors glide across wrapping paper
- Getting using to a cold shower…especially in the heat of Africa
- Beautiful skies
- When you actually like the assigned reading
- The sound of the ocean
- Walking into an air-conditioned building after being outside in the heat
- The color of people’s eyes
- Everlasting friendships
- Watching bloopers
- City lights at night
- Letting your hair down after it’s been tied up all day
- People who love their job
- Hearing interesting stories about yourself when you were little
- Hearing and seeing crumbs getting sucked up by the vacuum cleaner
- Receiving an invitation
- The smell of popcorn in the movie theatre
- Having exact change
- When a person genuinely asks you how your day was
- Answering a question correctly in class
- Being ahead of schedule
- Being able to fall asleep right away
- Feeling confident when turning in an exam
- The smell of a barbecue
- Discovering a new song and instantly loving it
- Finally remembering the word you had on the tip of your tongue
- Tearing out a piece of perforated paper perfectly
- The feeling of relief after finding something you lost
- Changing into sweatpants
- When the stoplight turns green before you begin to brake
- When someone saves you a seat